Opal Insecticidal Soap is a contact insecticide that controls a variety of common garden and crop pests. The easy-to-apply spray can be used indoors, outdoors, and in greenhouses. Opal® Insecticidal Soap does not persist in the environment and can be used up to the day of harvest.
- Mode of action: Opal acts in two ways: (1) suffocation and disruption of the structure and permeability of insect cell membranes, resulting in death; (2) via direct contact with pests and has no residual insecticidal activity once the spray has dried.
- Pests affected: Opal is effective on aphids, earwigs, mealybugs, spider mites, psyllids, pear and rose slugs (sawfly larvae), soft brown scale, whitefly, and other common garden and crop pests.
- Use sites: Opal can be used outdoors, indoors and in greenhouses on vegetables, fruit trees, houseplants, ornamental and shade trees, bedding plants, shrubs, and flowers.
- Reduced risk: Opal may be used up to the day of harvest and does not persist in the environment. Re-Entry Interval if used indoors: 12 hours - Pre-Harvest Interval: 0 days
- Approved by Health Canada
*MSDS available upon request, please contact a representative.